Well here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xWUSuXGxMQ

This is supposed to show what I don't know.. It's the most confusing thing I've ever seen.. Is Jo and Antonio claiming PP rings are cast and in the round too.. The Honor Ring,, I don't know. I've said many times they are NOT my thing.. There is something weird going on with them.. Cast? How? mutiple molds don't make sense. Pressed,,seems they would be with that big die flaw on the sig rune,,,but they look terrible even under slight magnification..

Lets keep with the PP rings.. I've collected them since the 70s. I have family that were in the business. I've taken simple jewelry making classes with the lost wax method,,WOW craziness, labor intensive,,wasteful, skilled labor needed etc etc..
With a press you need a press, and a die. A piece of already 'drawn' silver goes in and you push a button or crank a handle,,done..

I will make a statement I believe is 100% true and maybe others that have the rings will agree.. BOTH rings shown in the video are postwar pieces made more than likely from a rubber mold.

My main reason,,look at the Pirate Skull & Snakes ring.... Band way too thick,,just wasn't done. Every spec of silver they could save they did. Here is the same ring from above,,the birds eye view:

Also 2 of the usual hallmarks in these rings,,and sometimes none at all..

REMEMBER,,the hallmark the MAKERS mark was their advertising!! The last thing put on.. It wasn't cast in like shown on the vid.. IF it passed quality control it got their name on it! It was the way then,,and the way now,,period.

DSCN2882.JPG (50.63 KB, 192 downloads)
zzzzzzDSCN2131.JPG (29.66 KB, 193 downloads)
zzzzzzzDSCN4271 (2).JPG (57.16 KB, 193 downloads)
Last edited by Gaspare; 05/31/2018 04:16 AM.