an update,,, as told here and topic posted by my dear departed friend John Pepera,,,,Thanks again John, will never forget this,,,,RIP

So,, August 2011.,, We lose our home to Hurricane Irene. We had a couple feet of water in the house. Lost a lot,,,BUT we rebuilt in record time!

Then October 28/29 2012 Super Storm Sandy hit us.. Over 4 ft of water inside the home... The whole town flooded. Over 2000 residents and every home had made a insurance claim. Much of Long Island was in bad trouble. Immediately after the event,,no fresh water, no elec/power , no Nat gas,,,no gasoline and after a couple days no food. We even had a bit of martial law going on for a few days. The nat guard was here, and a curfew imposed..We lost everything. Thinking I was smart we evacuated and put many of our possessions at a safe house. Safe because of the elevation was high.. Well 'safe' wasn't,,that home too flooded and we lost everything there...

I remember it pretty cold. I walked down the block to the Nat Guard set up for a case of water . I went with a Russian rifle slung on my shoulder and no one said anything. Looting had been pretty rampant. I was asked by a nice young guard to check the rifle at the entrance and not to leave the property again with it..

A organization was set up called New York Rising. We quality for a new home,,built to a high elevation... There were still many problems and it took SIX YEARS to get it all right and for them to actually build the home for us..

So one more time,,,My family and I thank you all for all the help and prayers , support from the members of this forum.. Thanks so much guys..

Here it is,,,hopefully in a couple months it will be done and we'll be high and dry come next 100 year storm wink

zzzzzbh2.JPG (83.62 KB, 95 downloads)