Originally Posted by Gaspare
The post sent to me about the material of the HR:

" Years ago I gave my ring to a physical analysis company to tell me the composition. Pepera and I communicated a lot about this and I convinced him to send in his rings for analysis. I think he sent in 8 or 10. I have the report around here somewhere. Not a lot of silver as I recall. Himmler was worried about the use of silver at the time and the supply the SS had. That is why the discontinued SS sword fittings in the war. All in my documentation files."

And Gaspare I have maintained publicly for quite some time that original TK rings don't wear at all like the Hapur .925(Sterling) examples we can use as a benchmark for metallic content compared to an original. My over 10 year old Hapur example which is constantly worn shows very little wear which I am sure would NOT be the case with an original example.
"Not a lot of silver as I recall" per the member who privately contacted you!
I have long suspected that this is the reason why J Pepera kept the results private.This is the first time I've heard this and now begs the question. If TK rings are NOT primarily silver then what metal or alloy are they made from? Would it be possible to get this member who contacted you privately to publicly post the information he has on this testing? Additionally I now suspect this may be the reason the Italian guy continuously evaded my question regarding metal content! I also agree with Wotan's assessment as he posted above.
IMO: A Pandora's Box has been opened here and only the facts and the truth are going to get it closed again!
Jim