Originally Posted by Gaspare
Many of your questions were answered by Hapur,,,read deep..

I'm sorry, no one explained how cast signs are possible in a die struck piece. Just looking at some pictures even a blind see the cast signs.

OK, the comparison to the shield is a waste. A no-go..

If you know the difference between a cast piece and a die struck one ALL the items made in thes 2 ways have ALL the same characteristics. Shields, rings, medals: die struck process has its signs and you'll find them if a piece is made this way.

To show the members here [who some only collect rings] you have to compare to a die pressed ring.. *You have what looks like a nice one on your site. A skull with the makers tag. That appears to be a pressed ring.. *Use the same magnifications and take the same angle shots [or make new ones]..

Compare shots from the eye sockets, shots from sharp detailed lines,, and shots of on purposed smoother lines from the ring and other shots etc.etc.. Compare to the pressed ring!,,,to the HR your saying is cast.. That the guys will understand!..

Ehy, I've posted several pictures with unquestionable cast signs and no one wants to look at them or exaplain how are they possible. I've asked here ten times to see ONLY ONE signe picture as a proof these rings were die struck or pressed.

WHY ALL THOSE SAID THE RINGS ARE STRUCK NEVER SHOWED A SINGLE EVIDENCE? WHY THEY SAID THAT IF THEY CAN'T PROVE IT?

I can prove they are cast, I can prove the skull were cast, I can prove how they were soldered, I can prove Gahr had several molds for each style of ring.... But before I would like to know which are the REAL proofs of the naysayers.
Do you think the ring is pressed? PROVE IT.

For me if they're cast I still want to know why then after the first run they weren't perfect! Come on ALL the SS men would have liked a nice neat, perfect , sharp, nice detailed ring to wear!

This is an opinion, that cannot in any way must considered. Tens of TR pieces were bad made or had flaws, including some of the most important awards. This is only a ring, and with naked eyes you hardly notice what you are talking about. We should let the pieces talk for themselves, not us talk for them. Exactly what happened for years on this subject, and exactly what happened in this discussion: all talk for the rings and no one let the rings talk.

- Hapur mentioned comparing medal/badges is useless. Zinc, AL,Brass, etc. all react differently under pressure,,some even turn molten to a degree, so scientifically keep it to a related item,,ring to ring. Then do your Cast VS Pressed. ..

Already answered: a pressed piece has ALWAYS the same characteristics, no question if it is brass, steel or silver. I posted some shots of Tombak, steel and zinc die struck pieces: no one of them can ever show casting signs.

As far as copies,,, Come on my friend ,,we aren't trying to simulate a brain stem , copy a spinal cord...
A quote from you:
"Invest some money, find the right jewellers and engravers and everything is possible"... You can't have it both ways,,,a cast ring can be copied...
In 1993 I started restoring old British, US, Spanish, Italian motorcycles in my shop. A few times we've had parts missing from late teen, early 1920s motors. Think of how complicated a camshaft is!! We've had old ones scanned, used cadcam etc. and new cams produced.. Do you really think something like that could be copied and not a cast ring from the 1930/40s!!

So, lets get it on.. I'm sure the guys would like to see photos from the pressed ring VS the cast HR using the same magnification, same angle photos etc.

As I told you you can copy everything, but under microscope there's no way to escape: the truth will come out.
For example: on rings there are some signs made with tool, these were made on the mold and then transferred on the ring when cast. If you copy the ring and make it by hands the signs cannot be the same, under high magnification you'll see big differences. Same if you try to cast a cast piece: you'll loose something.
I tryed, I have many forgeries I've done, some in multiple parts. This is why I can prove what I say.