Many of your questions were answered by Hapur,,,read deep..

OK, the comparison to the shield is a waste. A no-go..
To show the members here [who some only collect rings] you have to compare to a die pressed ring.. *You have what looks like a nice one on your site. A skull with the makers tag. That appears to be a pressed ring.. *Use the same magnifications and take the same angle shots [or make new ones]..

Compare shots from the eye sockets, shots from sharp detailed lines,, and shots of on purposed smoother lines from the ring and other shots etc.etc.. Compare to the pressed ring!,,,to the HR your saying is cast.. That the guys will understand!..

For me if they're cast I still want to know why then after the first run they weren't perfect! Come on ALL the SS men would have liked a nice neat, perfect , sharp, nice detailed ring to wear!

- Hapur mentioned comparing medal/badges is useless. Zinc, AL,Brass, etc. all react differently under pressure,,some even turn molten to a degree, so scientifically keep it to a related item,,ring to ring. Then do your Cast VS Pressed. ..

As far as copies,,, Come on my friend ,,we aren't trying to simulate a brain stem , copy a spinal cord...
A quote from you:
"Invest some money, find the right jewellers and engravers and everything is possible"... You can't have it both ways,,,a cast ring can be copied...
In 1993 I started restoring old British, US, Spanish, Italian motorcycles in my shop. A few times we've had parts missing from late teen, early 1920s motors. Think of how complicated a camshaft is!! We've had old ones scanned, used cadcam etc. and new cams produced.. Do you really think something like that could be copied and not a cast ring from the 1930/40s!!

So, lets get it on.. I'm sure the guys would like to see photos from the pressed ring VS the cast HR using the same magnification, same angle photos etc.

Last edited by Gaspare; 05/06/2018 01:42 AM.