Jim is right everthing Vern posted has been gone over many many times but we always welcome ideas..

I agree,,maybe the first pattern HRs the silver was a more stable bullion used.. By the 2nd patterns I agree it would be useless to test the alloy. One batch he might have used 835 then the next year the best he could buy was 800. The material used to 'cut',,to mix in the silver could have changed... I think we shouldn't waste time on it,,,and I also think John P. thought the same after doing some tests...

And yes,,dies can make some complex shapes, angles, etc. 99% of private purchase rings were pressed. Quick, easy, unskilled labor can be used and VERY little waste. So me being a PP ring guy my thinking was the HR was the same. There's always been guys looking and studying them so for me it makes sense.

SO,,what stays the same ?!? what stays the same are the flaws....And for me thats what is not being answered. I know to you Antonio that sig rune flaw is nothing but it IS something!. Something that can be seen when the ring is even worn!
I would say a present from Himmler to someone he would want it perfect so why not a perfect ring all around after the first batch!.

Antonio if you really studied the Lost wax/investment cast method you know they can't have been done like that.. So we're looking at maybe some type of unique casting method..

I'm in for anything but we can't compare apples to oranges.. I wish we had an old 'one looker' from an old collection. These rings need a vertical cut and a horizontal cut etc... Showing a shield is nice but its a no go. Same with comparing to badges unless they are made out of mainly silver. .. Antonio,,you have what looks like a nice stamped ring on your site. A skull with a manufactures tag on it.. Check it with the microscope. Look in a soft line, look in a sharp one. Inside and out. It's not a HR but it appears to be a stamped ring. Maybe show us those photos at the same magnification etc. and it will help very much!.

And IF you really want to get down to it,,if all rings are cast then you have nothing to compare to. Were some HRs pressed? and some cast? or they were all cast. IF all then there's nothing to compare to,,end of game..
It would probably also mean the end of the market for HRs sad but true.. You yourself said you can find good jewelers etc and anything can be done with them. IF they are cast then I mentioned something a long time ago.. Lazer scan a ring,,, cast it... IF your materials are even close then you have a good ring that can not be distinguished from another. ..Enjoy!

Last edited by Gaspare; 05/04/2018 09:20 PM.