Originally Posted by jim m
I'm far from an authority on TK rings but they are being IMO analyzed in the dark without answers to these questions:
Density is related to the specific silver alloy that was used in crafting these rings. To the best of my knowledge no one has ever had a real one tested other then J. Peppera who is now deceased and never released the results..

And I'm back back to my basic questions that have been universally avoided:

1.If these rings were cast in molds as proposed by the Italian gentleman why is there a sizing seam?
Wouldn't it make more sense to just cast in different sizes then cut whole castings apart to do so?
2.Why wasn't the skull cast as an integral part of the ring? Why go thru the extra steps to attach it later?
3.Why are the wear attributes for original TK rings quite different that the ones Hapur casts out of
Sterling(.925) silver?** Is this because the silver alloy used by the Gahrs was quite different?

This thread has danced around microscopic images, suppositions and perhaps examining the entrails of a chicken for answers. Yet no one seems to be able to answer these basic questions!
Jim

**I've had my copy crafted by Hapur for over 10 years, wear it all the time and it exhibits only minimal wear. We all know this isn't the case with original TK rings.

Not my fault if you don't read what others said.
Already answered your questions on post #338017.

About the silver and other metals % it is not a secret, just take a ring, go to the jewelry and ask: can I have a metal test on this ring please? And in 1 minute you'll have what you asked for.

The next minute you'll realize that knowing the metal components is totally useless since in 10 years of production Gahr received and melted silver wih different %.

It is not my silence disturbing, but not reading what others already said.

I posed several questions and no one ever answered them.
No one posted an evidence, JUST ONE, explaining why these rings should be die struck.

When you study medals/badges if you want to know the difference between a die struck and a cast piece you need to study the badge under magnification. See the pressure signs, see the straight edges and look at all those signs that make that badge die struck.
In all the serious books there are showed forensic evidences.

For the TK rings you all think they are die struck, but no one ever looked at them in deep and showed some real evidences. Only bla bla bla... Why? Not only don't want to watch at the pictures I posted, but also don't show anything in support of your theories.
I think it's time the old myth falls, since they are only myths.

Look at the difference between a die struck piece (I already showed some, this is a Krim shield) and a cast one.... The cast one is a '30 style TK ring, cast in a possibly round mold, cut, sized, with a cast skull soldered on it and delivered.
But hey, you know they are die struck so, that's fine for me.
Any proofs to show?

Krim3_1.jpg (79.15 KB, 143 downloads)
K2_1.jpg (49.02 KB, 143 downloads)
image002_2.jpg (67.1 KB, 144 downloads)
Last edited by Antonio Scapini; 05/04/2018 05:13 PM.