Tex,, the 3rd reich near the end of the war had just started playing around with the idea. I had a few years ago an injection molded General Assault badge. Not particularly a nice looking thing.. And, I believe [please correct me if wrong] wasn't the Anti-Partisan badge injection molded[?]... I believe if you read back Hapur states why they weren't injection molded..

To ALL the members here,, I just want to say to you all,,, a very BIG THANKS! Why??, because this topic could have turned out very ugly very fast.. I believe over the years our part of the hobby have matured.
They might be trivial trinkets to some collectors but when a few thou$and dollars are thrown around on their prices [and I'm talking Private Purchase rings] they aren't so trivial.. And,,with the Honor Ring prices some with double digit Thou$ands collectors will get crazy when they see theories and photos etc they don't like.

We had no cursing, no name calling, no insults, degrading etc.etc. We saw things we didn't agree with, on both sides, and we kept it very civil.. Thanks guys.....

- * So we have the 2 camps. - those they believe they are cast,, and those that believe they are die pressed/struck .. We're in a new age and this new age the microscope has now become part of our hobby. With it comes big responsibility.. I do like this scientific way but it has to be refined. To prove the HR is cast a more through scientific method must be developed, must!

A cast ring is needed, and an authentic ring is needed. To each vertical and horizontal cuts must be made and then cross sections can be examined. Left over filings from the cuts can be analyzed a number of ways etc. I do believe the microscope in the end will reveal much but as I mentioned it must be done properly,responsibly,scientifically.... This is much harder than most of us think..

- *in the meanwhile,,,anyone have a messed up, worn out, damaged,relic condition authentic late pattern Honor Ring they'd like to donate to make some real history?!? wink

Last edited by Gaspare; 05/01/2018 10:20 PM.