Well since our Italian friend ignored my original questions for an explanation as to the purpose of a sizing seam if they were cast in the round and as to why the rings were not just cast as a whole -skull included? I have an additional question since he has chosen to focus on the characteristic of the metal and that question is what is the EXACT composition of the silver alloy used in make TK rings by the Gahr's during the 3rd Reich? I am no expert but it is apparent that the silver used by the Gahr's as opposed to the 925(Sterling) used by Hapur have very different wear characteristics? So if you know tell us what the EXACT composition was that they used?
Jim
N.B: The sole person I know that ever had the metal content analyzed was John Peppera who never shared the results with us an in now departed.
Johnnyrocket: i'll answer your questions as best I can. The Gahr firm of Munich was the sole "manufacturer" of TK rings and to the best of my knowledge no actual records regarding their production have ever surfaced. Years ago Don Boyle maintained he knew one of the workers with a last name of Pretschel(SP?) and that he was Don's primary source of information. I also believe that this same man made a limited number of TK rings after the war.
Jim

Last edited by jim m; 04/27/2018 08:58 PM.