JIm
I appreciate your views and I do like history and I have one original ring and that is all I need. As I said, I like the history of the rings and personalities I am not into the repro rings. If you are into rings as a business or have many you are not just sure of , maybe this metallurgy lesson Mr. Scalpini is giving is useful and interesting, but for me is just doesn't do anything for me. Not saying it isn't needed or important. I am speaking just for myself and not for anyone else.

Originally Posted by jim m
Tanker:
I agree with your sentiments that some of the best minds in the hobby in regards to TK rings share their knowledge here. However; it is important to understand that with the escalating costs of original TK rings the fakers have moved in and are trying to make a killing. The cost to reproduce a TK ring in materials is minor and the financial rewards for a convincing fake are great. IMO there has been more attempted crap pulled off in this area over the last 10 or so years then all the other areas combined. This is why we have to remain forever vigilant in exposing their latest attempts. As an aside: If all you care about is admiring a TK ring I'd advise you to buy one of the honest fakes as made by Hapur and sold here. Because once the price goes into the thousands of dollars the chance of buying a fake goes up exponentially. At that point you had better have the utmost faith in the dealer you're buying it from!
Jim