Originally Posted by polop
hi, i'm a little confused. I've been following your thread on waf in which you condem honer rings for being cast, now you say that good honer rings are cast. which is correct ?. mike

Hi Mike, I'm always open to new discoveries. I'm always ready to change my mind when proofs are solid.
In this case the only possible explanation of what we see here is only one: they were cast. In no other way is possible to obtain rings made like these TK rings.

Of course each of us is free to believe what he sees, or believe other stories. I trust only evidences, as I always did. If someone says that these pictures are not interesting since he sees nothing, then I can only suggest to study how metals react being cast or pressed (but it would be enough to look at the picture below to understand everything: original and fake base silver shows air bubblings in the same way, not possible to obtain with a die struck process).
I repeat, until today no one single proof these rings are struck is surfaced, and it is not possible to explain the way they are made if you don't think they are cast.
If someone has better evidences for sure I would be happy to see them.

Anyway the world goes round even if we think that they are die struck, or if we think the SS champagne decals are good, or if we think the earth is flat. Just thought to share here what I found interesting, hoping to see other posting good pictures.
This is a hobby, not a matter of life.

0_1.jpg (40.05 KB, 173 downloads)