Lets keep the skulls out because as mentioned Don has already said they were cast and I believe there is someone that has a couple period unused skulls..

I wish I had a bigger notebook on these rings as I've never taken a very big interest in them. Years ago SO many 'experts' were wrong about what they were saying I just let them be..

OK, Die pressed: Silver bar stock gets locked in press. Die gets locked in press.. Press a button, or a crank,,and the ring is done. A bit of hand finish and done,,almost as long as it takes to read this!!

Cast?? IF anyone took a look at the link at lost wax / investment cast your looking at 5 times the amount of time. Wasted material, and a lot of hand finishing and troubles..Just take a few min and look at that link!!

I do disagree on one thing. Maybe to the normal person the rings look didn't matter. But for Himmler and the SS men getting them,,it mattered how they look. Todays rings are perfect. Perfect because after that first run anything looking bad was repaired..
That big gouge flaw on the left Sig rune is a problem for me... Why would that be there? For me its there because thats a mark from a die cutting tool. And,,once its there , its there.

Also, the inside finish and engraving. It just looks its from a pressed piece of bullion billet. That much engraving you'd hit much more faults. Yes even on a pressed piece you could hit a bubble/fault and when polished it gets worse but you'd see much more with the amount of engraving in a HR..

With what your seeing some sort of method has to be offered. It wasn't lazer scanned, CAD plans, water jet, or whatever,,,it was the 1930s/1940s... What would the method of manufacture be??