Originally Posted by wotan
OMG, once again "cast".... We are long over 1st of April!
Please, can you explain me the seam behind the death head and the seperate death head??? If they were (cheaply) cast this all would not ne necessary. Cast a series of rings in each size, including the death head, and voila.
These original TK honor rings never have been cast.

The rough silver bars for sure have been cast, prior to the stamping process, therefore any bubbles can be included.

Regards,

Seam is the easiest thing to explain, and the reason is the same of what you think: resize a ring.
What you write is wrong, since the mold was only 1, and it would be a waste of money to make tens of different molds for the different sizes, it is easier make 1 only and resize the ring.
Skull is cast too.
And costs are almost the same: 1 mold and nothing more (2 if we include the skull).

If they were never being cast can you explain why there's no one single runic panel or recess in every TK ring that has no pressure signs? Die struck is a pressure process, vertical (and relief) areas MUST be straight, no questions about.
Can you explain why all the rings show casting signs everywhere? Look at the 4 pictures I posted (I have tens but if you know the difference between a die struck and a cast piece, you would have no doubt simply with one look at the 4 I posted): it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE make rings like those with a stamping process.
Can you explain why there are orizontal recesses? How can you obtain them with a stamping process?!?

I have nothing to earn from this thread, just share what I photographed. Pictures I posted are unquestionable, they talk by themselves and you simply can't explain them with another unquestionable proof as I did. If you don't trust your eyes that's fine for me.
But please, show us a single evidence that explain why these rings are struck an not cast.

PS: look at the picture below: the metal shows bubblings in exactly the same way in an original and in a cast fake too. Just the cast fake has lost a little bit of details.

0_1.jpg (40.05 KB, 308 downloads)
Last edited by Antonio Scapini; 04/24/2018 08:45 PM.