Hello gents! Imho it is sometimes very difficult if not impossible to attribute an original, period 2nd luft to a certain maker. Although there are very prominent makers like EICKHORN, ALCOSO, WKC, PACK and some more which used "in house" produced parts (which are easy to detect) there is a mass, ALSO of these makers(!), which do come with generic parts or parts which are attributed to other makers. We especially have to consider the behind-curtain-ties of several firms like EICKHORN with WKC or H?RSTER and other same ones. There is no doubt that there are socalled textbook 2nd lufts which are easily dedicated to a producer and there is also a mass of PERIOD produced daggers with different parts.
This all said, I personally tend to "judge" a 2nd luft more on his overall look, the fit of the parts, the finish of the parts, the traces of having been worn and the thoughts if such a construction COULD be possible. To me the overall look of the dagger is quite homogeneous so I personally would not worry about it any more. If you want to own a socalled textbook (I really do hate this expression!) piece you just have to buy textbook.

Concerning the numbers. I personally have not noticed those numbers on 2nd lufts up to now. It is very interesting that Gerrit1963 states that he has seen such numbers on another 2nd luft. It would be quite interesting what maker this other 2nd luft has been and if there was the same number "32" or another number.
Generally you can see such numbers on daggers, sabers and other edged weapons. These are either part numbers (so that also an unskilled worker could assemble the proper parts and did not mix parts between eg. army and luft daggers; these part numbers mostly have been attached on the drawer or the parts itself) or these are working place numbers when one worker did assemble a row of equal daggers and he needed to fit certain parts so he numbered them to not forget which dagger the parts would fit. Until somebody has another number than "32" I personally think these are part numbers.

Regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.