Ok here are the photos of the dagger in question, it is stripped down I can't seem to get good photos of the whole thing assembled on my old Samsung tablet. It's the blade bothers me most as it has a kind of ripple effect to the finish as though maybe it has been re plated over the original finish it doesn't show as well in the photos but at certain angles with the light it is very prominent, it kind of looks a bit like chrome. Also the Maker mark looks soft (again like it has been over plated?)and slightly off centre, there is a common casting mark on the tang and generally the blade looks ok dimensionally. The crossguard looks good to me a generic A I believe, the pommel also seems ok, the ferulle looks well detailed but is very shiny and new looking? the grip shows age cracks and I think is ok and maybe a Galilith type. So mainly its the blade finish, the MM, the ferrule and the scabbard details already mentioned that make me uneasy with this dagger. The over all fit is a little loose and the blade washer looks like it's meant for a much wider type of blade not an army and doesn't actually cushion the blade at all and has certainly been added later.
Anyway I look forward to some good knowledgeable opinions etc.
[img:left][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img]
[img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] Rest to follow shortly.