Hi,
This Army Scabbard I think from all the stuff I've read and looked at about reproductions is a repro I would like expert opinions if possible as my knowledge and experience is limited. I am also perhaps a bit reluctant to know as this scabbard came with a Dagger with a supposed rare maker mark that I bought from a reputable dealer here in the UK that some on this forum know of too. I am unsure of what course of action I should take if my thinking about this scabbard is correct, I also don't want to reveal the name of the dealer as this can cause much trouble and I have had many good pieces from same dealer.
I have very carefully stripped the scabbard down for a thorough analysis though I feel there are some very obvious red flags which were not visible on the sellers website.
Depending on what opinions arise or what thoughts are as to what to do next I may post photos of the Dagger as well, my opinion is that it may be parts made up?
Anyway here is the scabbard:

[img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:right][/img] [img:left][/img]

Many thanks, Andy.

Forgot to add that the suspension rings and bands are non magnetic, bands may be brass as there is a gold hue to them where plating has worn not obvious in theses pics. The scabbard body, throat and runners are magnetic.

Last edited by AndyBurton; 11/22/2017 09:24 PM.