Russ
Thank you for the reply...
Yes, you want Tom to give his period reference collection away because you feel he is doing nothing with it..
Are you aware that some of the documents have already been photographed in some of Toms books? But I already know the answer to this..
It is not for a any forum poster to decide what a person does with his collection..
I spelled this all out before. It seems period reference collectors are to give it away for free here on the internet. And it seems also many get the attitude it is owed to them or than they go as far as to say (owed to the hobby).....
How can this be when the majority posting do not even own 12 basic books on dagger collecting. ( I come to this conclusion by the (some) of the postings..) This is no problem for new collectors of course as they need to ease into it.
And it is all about cost.. Will pay $10,000.00 for a dagger and not $30.00 to $250.00 for a good reference book.
Again I have bought a book or period book for one picture in it....
Those who collect period reference find it is very rare and expensive to buy including travel and shipping.

Now as I said before please let me know Russ or anyone else because your dagger collection is just sitting there ROTTING { LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE IT AWAY} As I want to be 1st in line...

A general post....
Good or bad I have respect for the pioneers of this hobby and there are many names that can be listed here..
Mistakes have been made and also great discoveries but people have learned by there mistakes in the hobby believe me I have and collectors and dealers have made profit from the discoveries.....
Again as I have said before (good) dealers love educated buyers as they do not have to hand hold or do a big sales pitch to sell a item.. It will sell itself...

Last edited by DAMAST; 08/11/2017 10:24 PM.