Is Mr. Johnson and expert in laser technology or Daggers? I am not accusing anyone of anything therefore let's address the science, not opinion, "just the facts". The technology to produce laser engravings on metal has been around for way longer than 2 years! Lazer blades have been sold on ebay for longer than 2 years! If that statement were correct then how were other items being laser engraved prior to the last 24 months, last I checked lasers have been around for longer than two years, Vector graphics have been around longer than that, Vectoring is the for laser engraving. Ask a laser engraver, I did. Does anyone own a firearm with a serial number, how about a piece of industrial equipment, or lab equipment, maybe even electronic parts. Do we think those were all forged numbers? hand engraved? stamped? done in the last two years, Nope
So let us address the facts, not about the blade itself but the technology to which we are discussing (seems to be falling outside of the SS dagger discussion but what the heck lets go for the ride) Information is power.
Lasers have been "burning' metal longer than two years, Fact.
Reproducers have been laser etching TR blades longer than two years, Fact. Just look at the the history of what has been sold on ebay.
I could care less about a seller, a buyer, a poster, an author etc. Or even a dagger for that matter. I do however care about technology and science. Opinions about a dagger seem to vary from one end of the spectrum to the other. The facts with regards to technology are irrefutable, it takes about 5 minutes to do the research.
Oi