"Say it ain't so, Joe" comes to mind here... Seriously Guys, how this is even being considered as authentic by some folks is astonishing? I'm sure the scum that produces these fakes is loving this, and giving them some confidence that they are close with their fakes! The laser striations are clearly visible on these "etches"!!!

Ryan, re the GDC "Code" in providing greater detail, I did post some of the many copies of this inscription, others have provided links, this blade is an easy one-glance fake, as testament by most collectors posting to this thread. I am a typographer by profession, that means I study type and lettering and do authentications on scripts and autographs, I could provide a detailed analysis of the problems which make this inscription "impossible" as period, but is that a good idea on a public forum? given we know the scumbag fakers look for feedback on their wares here.

BTW, I regard Tom J, TOM W, Ron W, Fred Stephens as the dagger Gods, probably even Attwood advanced the hobby to where it is today. Even with my reverence and respect for these men, I'm certain they too have made mistakes, even the German Dealers like Detlev back in the day, Weitze and Carsten post for opinions, nobody knows everything, but there is a bank of very knowledgable collectors whose opinions cannot be completely ignored. Sometimes "opinions" can be contentious and destructive, which is why these authors don't post to Forums, other than RW and FJS, but the blade in question is already well known as a fake, it should never had made it this far...

JMHO, Red