Hello Rick, thats very interesting and if you have the time i would like to see the scabbard you mention. I do believe there were only a handful of companies who were actually manufacturing navy daggers and generic parts in the Third Reich period and that there was a lot more interaction between companies than a lot of other collectors think, this could be how we often see mixed companies parts. Of course there are what we know to be and mostly see the textbook examples. Together with a friend of mine i have just written a book on identifying lightning bolt and hammered pattern Third Reich navy daggers which also shows intricate details that link smaller companies/producers to the larger ones like Eickhorn and WKC, its only a small publication of 86 pages so nothing on the scale of Wittmanns as it is specifically aimed at this subject (plug intended lol). Your right there is still much to learn about navy daggers, with updating and not many manufacturers they are not like some other types of daggers and I also find them very interesting to study.
Best Russ.

Last edited by Russ1; 08/07/2017 12:03 AM.