Hi Gary, Its funny you should mention the dagger in Wittmanns book on page 205 as this dagger actually belongs to me, Tom told me that himself and Brian Madeira (not sure if I spelt his name right) took possession of Robert Waitts collection when he passed away, I latter purchased this dagger from Brian Madeira. I posted it in warrelics forum, it is on page 3 Early Eickhorn 1st model Kriegs, notice the earlier Eickhorn guard with the smaller centre block which is correct for their 33-35 maker mark. After I had this dagger a while I noticed on multiple WKC rope band scabbards the same features that are on mine and after a lot of research I had to come to the conclusion that it is a WKC scabbard. I'll be honest I was not happy as I prefer textbook daggers. It is known that Eickhorn and WKC did trade with each other, although some will dispute that they traded navy parts, but why not. If you look at page 204 of TWs book which shows the Eickhorn catalogue of 33 you will see rope and the more modern leaf band scabbards available, if Eickhorn were concentrating production on the more modern leaf band scabbards then its possible they acquired rope band scabbards from WKC, so the scabbards on both of our daggers could be ok, this is only a possibility though.
Best regards Russ.