Originally Posted By: Gaspare
Didn't want to start another topic,,but this title is still perfect,,,Rings and items for this forum..:

!st I'd like to apologize for not being here as much as I'd like. This forum and YOU guys still bring much pleasure in my life.. My Father is very very sick,,I'm trying to finish the book by end of August when the publisher wants it,, Still with the problems of getting my house torn down and rebuilt to FEMA specs,,health etc etc. And, this is just a small bit of whats going on in my life..
I KNOW you ALL have similar problems and maybe WORSE!.

- Lets try a few things.. 1st,,remember we are all here because we like to collect and preserve history!. Some maybe here trying to make a profit,,I can't help with that, really nothing wrong with that either. BUT, some maybe are here to try and legitamize a fake ring in order to set a new standard and them sell or have their 'people sell the piece now that its been deemed authentic. Not cool period. And i hope Dave,Vern and the 2 Mods here do everything they can to stop it. A fake is a fake,,and a crook is a crook..

2 I KNOW things can get out of hand very fast here. . A fix is to stick to the piece your asking about. Yes sometimes a comparison is the way to go,,but it should be a comparison of the same piece!.

3, good photos [and I know its hard!] are a must. Big, clear, well lit etc.
Always a straight level shot of the cartouche.
One on the side band,
one of the inner band, hallmarks/content stamps,
I birds eye view..
Sometimes just with those 4 or 5 basic shots we can understand what another member is trying to point out.

The closed topic,,sorry to post about it,,for me it is a SuperFake [Luft ring],, Just my opinion. Get 5 of those rings and compare and you'll see... Anyway, sorry Odal to post about it.. Maybe later you can open it and continue..

Last,, Absolutely the counterfeiters watch this forum and the others.. 100% they do!! But we can't let it disrupt us.. When possible we should try and explain as best as possible whats wrong. MAYBE leave something not so detailed explained. Usually good photos and comparisons will settle things.
You guys are good,,ALL of you. We're all very opinionated. But an authentic ring and a comparison will usually end it.. IF you have to start with variations, and late war this and different that we'll have disagreements,,its making excuses why its not like the original ring.

Its 94 degrees by me here today,,******** HOT!! Probably hot all over,,anyway,, lets not let it spill over in to the forum.. Keep cool, good photos, comparisons, try and get our experience across to others. Still in all guys,,considering we have a very big international membership,,which is something this day and age to be proud of,,,we do dam good here!!
. Have a good one guys,,happy hunting....,Gaspare

Hello Gaspare,

I would not rush to consider this ring (LW ring) in your place 'Super fake'. This morning from my friend kindly provided a photo of a similar ring that was dug out of the ground.
We Russians have a good proverb 'Live 100 years and learn 100 years'.

Sorry but despite your experience, I'm sure that you have not seen All the WW2 German rings.

Best regards,
Sergey

[i][/i]