Just arrrived into the hot, muggy North, is this Horster marked bayonet with another Holler variant etch.

As an aside, one of my pet peeves is the fleabay seller who will not ship into Canada. I have never had any problems with any items shipped to me from anywhere in the world, and do not expect any in the future as long as the shipment is packed well and described properly and valued accordingly. So, here is this fleaby item, an etch pattern that I do have, but to a unit that is pretty rare and for which i already have two etches. So, I did want this. What to do? Well, my friend, Mat J, who had pointed this bayonet out to me on the bidding site, volunteered to bid on this for me. He did, we were the high bidder at a decent price, and the package was double shipped to me (first to Mat, then reshipped to me). I am blessed by having friends like Mat on this forum who go out of their way to help a poor, backwoods type of guy like me. You know who you are.

Enough rant, back to the bayonet.

This is a long, single etched bayonet and can be seen on page 136B of Wayne's book. It is a variant on the ES102 Holler etch with a helmet in place of the eagle near the crossguard. The dedication is to Jaeger Regiment 99. And, like some Jaeger dedications, it has a really nice stag grip. The maker mark is Horster.

Here are pics.

Obverse.JPG (40.31 KB, 298 downloads)
Reverse.JPG (40.25 KB, 297 downloads)
TM.JPG (39.83 KB, 297 downloads)
Obverse Grip.JPG (39.32 KB, 298 downloads)
Reverse Grip.JPG (39.72 KB, 298 downloads)
Obverse Etch.JPG (40.91 KB, 297 downloads)
Obverse Etch Front.JPG (41.16 KB, 299 downloads)
Obverse Etch Mid.JPG (39.5 KB, 300 downloads)
Obverse Etch Rear.JPG (41.9 KB, 298 downloads)

Always looking for Eickhorns and etched bayonets.