I was asked to post here too the sudy I've done so here we go.
Maybe here there are some more ring guys interested.

I was asked various times to explain how I work on TK rings, and since only few friends know it, I decided to show here what I developed. Sorry only to not say the "definitive proof", because I don't want fakers read it.

In these years I was lucky enough to handle tens and tens of TK rings.
Since I was not satisfied from the "normal analysys" based on die flaws, 2 pieces construction and type of engraving, I tried to develope another way to study these rings based on the microanalysys.
I tried also with metallurgical tests, but they didn�t work as a definitive proof because the % of different metals was very variable also in original rings (from '30 to '40 style rings I saw a difference also of 3-4% that is really too much).

I also tried to copy these rings in various ways, and most of the so called "important" things are reproducible, including the seam line or the type of engraving (but we all already know this).
I was assisted by a jeweller, and I have to say that cast copies with resoldered skull and restored engraving are among the best results.
Other attempts reached high results too.
BUT they always miss something.

Below a comparison of the seam area behind the skull made with originals and fakes. Sometimes it is impossible to distinguish the good from the bad with naked eyes or magnifier.

Anelli_1.jpg (44.49 KB, 156 downloads)