HistoryFan, first let me welcome you to the forum. When you look through the forum, the many pages and threads, there is a mass of packed knowledge.
In general, it�s not the best solution to post links (mainly you will not get much answers due to a link), as once the link is dead the thread in the forum becomes worthless.
These two dealers are well known and remarkable but in each case you have to do your homework. We all are humans and can do mistakes. It sure is a good way to ask for opinions in the forum but as said, please, with pics.
When I do a look at the two edged weapons (the luft general�s degen of Dahlmann with the engraved name on the scabbard, offered by lakesidetrader and an army officer�s dagger with a dedication to a RK recipient on the scabbard, offered by TTW) imho both edged weapons are original, period ones. Concerning engravings I will not / cannot do any statement as these are very hard to judge simply with pics and an in hand inspection would be necessary.
Regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.