Originally Posted By: chris12559
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
did they look like a ring shaped in rust? i cant wait to get one.....one day smile

Well no for one silver doesnt rust, the were just heavily worn, I have had 7 come through my hands and the most I ever paid was 7200....i got one for 200 cad once and yes it was authentic, most people grossly over price them imo, that's why you see rings sit and sit for months if not years, networking is key to finding a reasonably priced example...... Just don't wear a fake one and walk around like you are a boss......only wanna be neo-nazi's do that......

Can't agree with that statement...

I, for one, would NEVER wear an original Ehrenring. Not only because of the value, but mainly because it's like wearing someone else's Iron Cross. You didn't earn it and it wasn't give to YOU.
They have a name for that sort of thing, and it's stolen valor.

Himmler was quite specific with the requirements, and even if not for them, I'd never wear something that was earned by and given to another person for THEIR service.

The only acceptable exception I could see would be if my Grandfather gave me his and asked me to wear it for him.

Sorry, my opinion.
Mark

PS wearing a Hapur model is quite a different story: they are NOT made to be an exact copy, obviously.
Anybody knowledgeable can see immediately it's neither an original nor an exact copy, and that is very much intended that way.

I even made sure to have extra changes on the outside of mine, plus a completely different inscription (Made by Richard Purmalis) so nobody could ever accuse me of trying to pretend to be something that I'm not.
Like a boss.