Originally Posted By: Gaspare
when in decent shape this particular pattern can be hard check out from photos..
Now this one!! IF that is it in the first photo only God and the jeweler know what he did to it!!
I've seen authentic pressed WW2 vintage rings ground dug,,get some weird acid bath for cleaning and when done look like a POS!,,[AAhh the hell with it we're all adult Looks like a piece of ********!]
anyway,,

Sure there are signs of it being a copy. But from these bad ******** photos,,and we know its been played with crazy, Ahem,,restored grin It would have been great to see some really good 'macro' super photos!
The real main thing,,,someone bought it, has it in hand,,and they are happy with it!..That my friends is what matters most!.., Enjoy.,G.

Thanks Gaspare, for this clarification and explanation.

I just want to add also to be totally clear that I never thought Gottlieb a cheater and never implied that he was.
All that was questioned here by me was the authenticity of the ring, and I'm sure it has happened many times that a collector was convinced of the originality of a piece... but was, perhaps, wrong.

That of course can happen in all honesty and to the most honest of collectors. Doesn't make you a dishonest person.

OK, can't be more clear than that.
Mark