The down side to shows "up north" is you have the "angry patron" syndrome. For a number of years i only took displays to shows. 99% of folks loved seeing the stuff telling their stories bringing items to show and tell or on occasion sell. Now and again the guy would cruise thru and began non direct comments pace back and fourth talking to everyone about how all this is fake nobody wants to see it. They should ban you from the show. These guys were far and few but they were there. I got to the point one year i ask one of these guys What is it you dont like? None of it! Was the reply. So ask them to show me a bad itwm or a fake and what made it so. The tone would change to a more oh this stuff aint worth nothing.So i would go into my lengthy ramble on why i collect and what i hate about people who think everything is fake. It would draw a crowd. And the debate would end up at why is this junk collectible? And by the end the "angry patron" was happy to come by and talk about stuff. Crazy years.
Bret Van Sant