hi james
glad i could help you to get the handles off your two japanese swords from what i can see is the wakizashi blade is signed and dated sorry i can not read it sure wish bob coleman was here i think he is still on waf forum but if you want any one to help read your blades you have to picture with point of sword in upward position and fill in some more powder in the signitures in my opinion i say the wak blade is probly in the vicinity of year 1500s and probly listed in hawleys book of all the sword smiths of japan he could be a popular smith and then he could be a 15 point smith no biggie but still old blade japanese blades are old if they are befor year 1600s also show him the signed stuba thats in my opinion 1600s and iron now the longer blade appears to have been fitted three times in its life and the japanese nipped the tang to fit the furniture no big deal this blade might be in the 1800s not old sure hope i helped a little its my pleasure to help our members if i can hope you agree have a nice day andy militarynut