Originally Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner)
My search found that there was apparently a quality Unform shop in Duren. Perhaps it's the same Franz Rupprecht shop- must be !
3) Tunic for an Artillery Major, with red trimmed and accented boards and tabs, silver bullion eagle, a blue service ribbon, internal belt and dagger hanger, and a "Franz Rupprecht/Duren" label.
Currently my thoughts are that this is one dagger that was specially ordered by this Uniform shop. They seemed to have their own company logo. Research is continuing, but Duren suffered a huge bomging raid by a oversized Allied airforce due to the larger primary target was fogged over, while the secondary target, Duren, a much smaller target, took the full brunt of the bombing.

Imho this is a most interesting twist! JohnZ is right that the distributer marks "normaly" have been very plain and simple.
But sometimes we do know very few when it comes to "why" something has been done at these times and I think it is pretty possible that it is a special distributor�s mark. There have been etched distributor marks for sure (eg. D�RBECK - WIEN) and why not add a certain logo from an uniform tailor by request.
Uncommon but not impossible.
Regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.