Sorry man, I'm not buying Craig's explanation for a million bucks. It seemed to be, to me, an attempt to either legitimize existing fake rings, then sell them as real, or begin the manufacture of cast fakes from originals (which I assume has happened before) and then sell them as real. I don't know about the tool u mention in casting or in making rings- as I said, just a rookie who doesn't make cast rings or jewelers in his spare time- just a historian- that kind of truth I search for through the stories artifacts tell us...but i remember using a leather press that was a semi-circular scalloped tool then smacked it with a hammer to make that pattern on my belt in Boy Scouts. Stamped/struck. Again, you're totally entitled to your opinion and i appreciate hearing it! However I've seen SO MANY FAKES of EVERYTHING in this hobby since I joined it a couple of years ago ESPECIALLY HONOR Rings- I can totally understand the motivation once I saw the price tag. I bet every single person on this forum bought at least one fake item and lost hundreds or thousands of dollars to someone generating the pieces as their income stream. I despise that more than anything else!