To better educate myself I took a look at the WAF thread and found something that did not make sense to me. Not the statement itself which was just reporting that the Champagne paint/decals were tested at 3% copper.

"…………………….“In this case, XRFacts "authenticated" airbrush spray painted on "decals" as being "identical" to known original SS decals except for having "3% copper" which was advanced as a reason for the "Champagne color”……………………"

Which I found really, really, interesting because in 1935 copper was documented as a restricted material very critical for the military buildup and later war effort. With most TR era blade collectors knowing that makers in Solingen in the 1930's were forced to change from the copper based metals they had been using to substitutes as the pre-existing supplies of the copper based metals were exhausted. Also the later switch from brass to steel cased ammunition a documented fact etc. etc. Did XRFacts with its own words just prove the exact opposite of what they were trying to prove?? Best Regards, Fred