Originally Posted By: Gaspare
well, heard from one small publisher. They mentioned its a niche topic and has 'concerns' about publishing it. Another publisher is giving me a problem with glossy/color photos. We have to have good color! And they want some tweaking done to it..

There is a big, old, military reference book publisher here in the US. He publishers most ,many of the older books and new ones. But he has been having problems lately. Currently something with SS belt buckles. I might still approach them eventually.
Some have told me to self publish. That takes money and I'm still having problems with my home and hurricane season is here!

IF I can't work something out,,I'll post it for free right here! Maybe like a pdf and you guys can print and keep the info in a folder and be able to take with you to use at a show etc..
I'll talk to Vern if I really can't work something out with a publisher.
Will I make any money? No, its never been about the money. It's to inform collectors that a authentic ring really is a tough thing to find, what to look for in an authentic ring,to stop counterfeiters from burning newer collectors. So I'm feeling better and will be getting to work on this problem. I'll keep you guys informed..

IMHO if anyone would like to know what keeps any hobby alive and generative- it's not done in by the passing of collectors or the change of technology and interests--- it's the selfless passion for passing the torch of history to the next generation by the rare few who sacrifice to save it from oblivion....These are the things that matter. A piece of the past needs no introduction, apology, or excuse....more gaspares needed. Apply within.