Hi Ike ,,separate and apart from the value of the dagger..before you buy anything..always comparison shop or research another dagger from the same producer..or if possible try to study a few of them..either by reading through some of these threads..and ask questions.

I say this because..you want to be sure of the grip to crossguard fit ..which the lower grip does not conform to the angles of the lower guard at all. Just an observation. The top guard in the same respect. These early SAs wee crafted and fitted very well..and I do beleive in "Monday Morning blues at the factory..tht one may have been "Put together " rather quickly. Who knows.

But take the extra step before spending the extra dollars and research a bit if at all possible..and dont be afraid to walk away from it either. As Dave said..these SAs are still plentiful as millions were produced..and there are alot of them to be found.

3 dealers for Early SA daggers

www.lakesidetrader.com
www.wwiidaggers.com
www.medamilitaria.com

If you dont buy your cars in haste..one will pay attention to the Historical worth of these and spend the extra time in study. Remember cars depreciate over time...these daggers will hold their worth and creep up in value over time. All dagger types will vary in Market Value. SA daggers can not be compared to any other dagger type in value..and vice versa.

A decent conditioned SA dagger can be found within the price range in the dealers I listed above. Take your time..and enjoy the walk. Regards Larry

Last edited by Siegfried B; 05/03/2016 04:14 AM.

Historical Stewardship is a Trusted Honor that must be kept!