Originally Posted By: Dave
Ajax,

Controversy, as demonstrated on this topic, is good to have on any forum. Doug did a good piece of work for the collecting community. I suspect that the fallout, both to those helmets and COAs, is not over.

Dave

Dave,

Yes, he did do good work and you are correct and I do not believe it is over. The only helmet returned has been a Shea example with a Hicks certification and Shea always makes good from what I have seen. But there has been no public problem with Kelly himself on a return other than Doug B.

Of course a lot of guys know him as well and a few think that maybe he wanted the throne so to speak, and that his motive might have been there, personally I do not buy it and think if anything he went light on Kelly, I am sure he would deny that as well but there was quite a bit of chatter at the show. Apparently there were some other deals over the years that have started to float and would reflect poorly on Kelly as well. So you did have some fairly harsh comments from people that would not normally be harsh, at least from my experience. But the whole Helmet market has been locked up under him for years and no one could move without his certification and blessing, not a good thing.

Looked to me like he was table flipping and running SS cloth now with certs, tunics, visors, and other nightmare items. So he will write a COA but based on what went on at the show he cannot distinguish bad cap insignia from good. So, I am thinking its just a matter ot time before a helmet comes back, a deal go's bad, or someone decides to talk about some other deal that has been kept under water for 20 years.

Last edited by ajax; 03/21/2016 12:55 AM.