Here is a more recent shot of my Fire Official's dagger niche, this is the first time I've had them all assembled together. Looked quite nice, if I do say so myself.

Moving from left to right, the 1st three examples are Alsace type daggers which all show some of the same features which are not usually seen on a standard Preußen Fire Official's dagger, frog lugs & double fullers. From what I've seen, Alsace variants tend to be ornate on the outside & plain on the inside whereas the Preußen daggers are often the opposite. Maker marks are Unknown "B" in a circle, WK&C & an unmarked Eickhorn.

Next are two Eickhorn examples, the scarce model 527 with its unusual pommel & crossguard (single oval squirrel) & the more commonly seen model 42 (back to back squirrels).

The final four sport some unusual traits. The plain crossguard sawback features an etched blade (rarely seen on this model), a model estimated by Tom Wittmann to be from 1860-1890, a special order example with presentation blade (with rare knot) & an unknown type with ivory grip, steel scabbard & thought to be from a Harbor or Marine Fire detachment. The marks are WKC knight's head, unmarked WK&C, WKC knight's head & unmarked WKC. I have a variety of Feuerwehr dagger knots which have yet to be added.

IMG_4113 2.JPG (150.98 KB, 163 downloads)

GDC Gold Badge #290
GDC Silver Badge #310