My source told me that this skull pattern from the beginning was only by request. Because youth want to wear skull rings like his German friends, but was available only with Latvian flag or Latvian coat of arms rings. Latvians that time were proud to wear Latvian items as sleeve shields and rings - that's why rings with Latvian flag or Latvian coat of arms was so popular. Skull rings was not popular - that's why they are quite rare. Yes skull ring looks strange, but plate design exist. My friends who worked with officially military archeology group called "Legenda" found few examples on fallen soldiers.

I know that hapur will blame on me that I'm misrepresent "facts" about SS ring, but Latvian SS ring (plate design) also was a private order and wasn't freely available. I'm not only Latvian rings collector, but I'm collect all Latvian SS items. Many my items comes directly from Latvian legionnaire families. As I told later in my FB group in dispute with hapur I have legionnaire memoirs (collected and documented by his wife from letters) where Latvian SS ring was mentioned. Unfortunately I can't tell you about it and show it because of perosnal reasons. But I can tell that Latvian SS ring never was freely available. This "fact" based on my research as hapur "fact" that all Latvian rings was freely available. So with big respect to audience and hapur please keep in mind both "facts".

As I told later original plates has dashed lines design (postwar has normal lines or no lines at all) under the enamel. Enamel should be bright (not dark green as soviet state standard enamels) and transparent.

P.S Those ring plates never was for sale publicly, they was only on discussion two years ago. Owner want to know just estimated price.