[quote=Herman V. (aka Herr Mann)

But just for Scott:
Yes, these etchings are of fine, early quality. And just as we could expect, the hilt etchings suffered much more than the blade ones, which were protected by their scabbards.
As a result, most of the hilts have lost (almost) all of their paint and many have suffered from some corrosion. (see attached pics)

The "Gladiator" type pieces often only show hilt etchings, combined with blank blades.

The "drop point" blades often show both etchings. (see attached pics)

I have seen these knifes also in very abused condition: with half the blade (and etching) sharpened away, reducing the collector value to almost 0.

There are also a handful mint conditioned ones out there, but they never appear for sale... for obvious reasons! laugh

But I was hoping to see some more different types here?

Hi Herman,

Thanks for taking the time to post pix of your knifes with explanation/info about the etches !!, i only ask questions about such subjects because i am not sure myself but willing to learn, this is what forums are all about right ?, sorry to derail your thread from your origional subject of different types, one more question i forgot > why is the blade motto etch upside down on all these knifes ?

Regards Mac 66.