Hi Ron,

The Eickhorn version was based on their early fighting knife and did not have the very heavy, one piece hilt-blade construction like the Carl W�sth�f and the others that I show here.

Hi Scott,

WKC also did not make this type of knife.
I believe, that during that period (end 20ties, early 30ies) this company was only producing their famous bowie blade fighting knifes. I never found them with any early NSDAP markings or mottos.

Finally:
I really don't want to put any effort in convincing these so called "researchers", because really, this is so very basic...

But just for Scott:
Yes, these etchings are of fine, early quality. And just as we could expect, the hilt etchings suffered much more than the blade ones, which were protected by their scabbards.
As a result, most of the hilts have lost (almost) all of their paint and many have suffered from some corrosion. (see attached pics)

The "Gladiator" type pieces often only show hilt etchings, combined with blank blades.

The "drop point" blades often show both etchings. (see attached pics)

I have seen these knifes also in very abused condition: with half the blade (and etching) sharpened away, reducing the collector value to almost 0.

There are also a handful mint conditioned ones out there, but they never appear for sale... for obvious reasons! laugh

But I was hoping to see some more different types here?

Best regards,

Herman

C1.JPG (113.89 KB, 190 downloads)
C2.JPG (115.47 KB, 188 downloads)

You never have enough HJ-knifes!