Alex,
As Hermann pointed out it is unusual to find an Alcoso Imperial Navy dagger. I have never actually held one in my hand in all of these years. However they supposedly made them. This piece on eBay I think could be legitimate. I can't tell if the grip is Ivory with these low resolution photos. I would want to examine it more closely and confirm that it is Ivory which is what I want to see. Having said that, the dual wrap is typical of the period. All of the parts look to be old and display similar wear and abuse. The blade buffer pad looks to not be original. The scabbard bands are an unusual style but may underscore that this is a more scarcely seen Alcoso product. Saving any concerns after examining it in person, with a bit of restoration it could be a good but well worn piece. The lack of a blade release button is a real negative. Sure, one could install a TR button but finding a period Imperial one would be very very difficult IMO. Last thought, fake Alcoso Imperial navy blades are being produced so use caution. Normally they aren't this weathered but who knows.
Best

Last edited by stratocaster3; 12/13/2015 04:05 PM.

Wanted: German Naval Edged Weapons and Related Accouterments