Originally Posted By: Militarynut
hi gaspare/members
in my opinion this is a fantisy piece if otto gahr firm made something like this for obergruppenfuhrer feigeleline it would have much more detail also the case is not german made no detail to that either plus the top lid would be two circles lighting bolts and last it would be marked 800/935 silber and thats my honest opinion best andy militarynut

I do not like the piece and remember when it was up on the block. It would not necessarily have to be more detailed to be Gahr, nor would it have to be a box in Runics with double circles that you would find with an honor ring, and there is just nothing other than Honor Rings for comparisons to be made on what went out in what box and using a presentation from the RFSS as a standard is probably not going to be accurate.

Looks to be solid silver and probably fairly heavy depending on the size, either way the box whether German or not is no in line with the piece in its weight and construction nor would it meet the prestige or quality of the Seal. So the box is a loser either way and the seal is at best questionable and without period documentation a speculative purchase.