Im not comfortable with that tang clearance hole on the bottom of the grip being that large to accommodate a thin tang. The grip may have been reworked or its junk. The Blade I also agree with Arminius..just doesnt seem to match the condition of the rest of the dagger and scabbard...with not one blemish..or a glint of a runner mark after 80 yrs on the blade. The blade also in the photos appears to be shorter...or is it the angle of the photo giving it that effect?
I see some other stuff in the motto that strikes me odd..with the serifs on the letter "H" in " Ehre and heisst "

Scabbard throat has been messed with also.

I do agree with John above that in in hand inspection would most likely nail the coffin shut in. Anyone can buy anything without knowledge..thats a given in this hobby and many other of lifes amenities. These days of modern times and technology,,falling in love at first sight..can be a #1 mistake in a marriage between the collector and artifact. We have all been there and done that at some point.

Unless this is a Monday Morning job in the factory..the photos provided show it as such..and not,,. what is commonly seen in many details of a Hammesfahr SS dagger.
A peek up the "Bung Hole " of the grip bottom may explain alot at least about the grip..and the eagle pins beneath. I would love to see the inner condition of the grip..as they have a certain look about them only the type collector knows about.

And if Im wrong about my observations..then I invite to be proven wrong..as we are all here to learn. I dont mind it at all. Regards Larry

Historical Stewardship is a Trusted Honor that must be kept!