Not to come off sounding like a Microsoft tout, but if you are running any of the older Windows versions, you should see a noticeable improvement in processing speed with Windows 10. This would include XP, Vista, and some versions of Windows 7 and 8. Most of these versions run in 32 bit native mode while Windows 10 runs in 64 bit native mode. My 5 year old quad core computer had a 78% rating compared to current PCs under Windows 7. I was already starting to look into buying a new computer in the next 6 months. After installing Windows 10, it scores a 92% rating. To me, that means I won't worry about doing a computer hardware upgrade for another year or two, and the software upgrade was free.

Now there is a method to their madness in giving away the upgrade. Microsoft has studied the Apple online business model selling music, movies, and apps. Windows 10 "allows" you to easily set up an account and browse their store for apps, games, and movies. Many are free to download, but quite a few are not. And just about all offer extensions and special feature packages for a fee. Just like Adobe replaced the stand-alone Photoshop software with the Creative Cloud online monthly subscription service, vendors are looking for a continuing income stream instead of a one time purchase. This will undoubtedly be the wave of the future, so get it while you can wink

[Linked Image from germandaggers.com]
Visit us at www.GermanDaggers.com
Contact me at Vern@GermanDaggers.com