An interesting read..which the WKC producer on my behalf had been an oversight. I Thankyou Dave for the reignited " Push " to pick up Toms Reference and take another Look into those SS rarities. Reading further in Toms Reference ...he points out that it was a possibility that these Ground Rohm daggers made their way to the WKC firm for regrinding, polishing and the WKC firm applied their own logo commonly seen on early SA daggers.

I have seen this regrinding process on a few other WKC SA daggers including my own shown below in the 2 photos. I could not get any closer to detail on the logo and the motto..as I no longer and painfully let go of this maker from my hands. The Logo itself the dagger pictured is not engraved but acid etched..including some pimpling in the motto. The etch on the Motto is very deep as seen on Early double Oval Eickhorn logo daggers.

I do have to agree with the details explained by Tom Wittman..that it would be a regrind and polished dagger. How it came to WKC is future reference to surface. I also agree that this is a product of Eickhorn as Tom suggests..and the firm WKC had not produced SS daggers..as does the Solingen Stadt Archives states ( from sub contractor invoices ) that Bertram Reinh never physically produced anything but assembled these desirable daggers that the fittings down to the etching process were all done outside.

I feel may other producers worked with each other as did EP&S and other larger firms..such as WKC with Eickhorn and who knows else. Thats the intrigue thats left for us to think..and holding onto what physical evidence that has surfaced to this day.

By the Way Gents in Tom Wittmanns SS reference it would be best to start from pgs 15-29..a very great read..and Daves WKC example being on pg 24. This is an interesting thread. smile Regards Larry

wkc3.JPG (109.67 KB, 290 downloads)
wkc6.JPG (112.66 KB, 288 downloads)
Last edited by Siegfried B; 05/24/2015 10:09 PM.

Historical Stewardship is a Trusted Honor that must be kept!