Originally Posted By: Dave
Newton - You really expect an answer?

That sounds more like an insult than a 'query'.

Dave

Yes I may have been a little harsh in my E-Mail
But I did receive a response from Craig
He acknowledges the 1918 Knuckleduster was listed as Original when it is a Repro and will be corrected
He stands by his SS Ring as Original
And I gave him some more info to ponder

Hi,

I�m sorry you disagree with the originality of the ring in question. I disagree with you, but that�s okay � just don�t bid on it. We have 450 artifacts in this auction, and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM is covered by my unconditionally, fully transferrable, lifetime guarantee of authenticity. NO other auction on the planet has that. When you combine low opening bids and no reserves, you get the safest place to shop.

I run my business with the highest degree of ethics and best practices. If there is a legitimate issue, such as the 1918 Knuckle Duster, which SHOULD be listed as a reproduction and not an original (one or two mistakes are ALWAYS made but caught by diligent people like yourselves, and instantly corrected), please feel free to contact us.

Vera: please ask Erich to ensure that the Knuckle Duster is labeled as a reproduction.

Regards,

Craig Gottlieb

Hi Craig

I'm glad you will be correcting the Knuckleduster, but the SS Ring is bad based on the markings inside:

G&S 12 (SIZE) 85� (Copyright 1985)

I did a Google Search for G & S Rings

https://www.google.com/search?q=g%26s+rings&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&rlz=1I7RNVB_enUS577&biw=1600&bih=775&tbm=isch&imgil=uaziAG7PvgOKYM%253A%253BuAQdWcxxdB8cMM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.treasurenet.com%25252Fforums%25252Fwhat%25252F300295-g-s-ring-identification.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=uaziAG7PvgOKYM%253A%252CuAQdWcxxdB8cMM%252C_&usg=__4zNLf-zYX-Uva2ypWYmAZTrvZJQ%3D

I hope you reconsider your evaluation and hopefully come to the same conclusion as I have

My apology for being a little harsh in my original E-Mail

Newton