I doubt Mr. Johnson lists items on the site or maintains it personally. At least the apparent confusion leads me to that assumption. I would also doubt that anyone with a modicum of respect or decency would level accusations of dishonesty at him given his long standing reputation and contributions to the collecting community. I have never bought anything from JRBM and I do not know Mr. Johnson personally so I have no angle on this. My observations over the years have led me to conclude that Mr. Johnson and Ron Weinand - from whom I have bought a dagger some years ago - are completely honest. There are very many more of whom I would not say the same.

When a business is built on personal reputation delegating responsibility for whatever reason can no doubt be problematic.

As interesting and informative as the posting is I am rather sorry that Mr. Johnson has felt obliged to defend himself publicly on this forum for what are very possibly not his own actions?

Ps, I hope Ron does not mind me mentioning him here but I do so as being a close colleague of Mr. Johnson and the other dealer who's integrity I would count on.