Wow! So much activity on this thread!

Bill, that is a wonderful Reiter indeed and certainly a piece I wouldn't mind adding to my collection - both as a complement to my horse herd and my terracotta Reiter bust. Also, congratulations on the Waxwing and the Owl. Both great pieces. I particularly admire the detailed coloring on the owl.

Vern, that is a jaw-dropping display, though I confess I am rather nervous to see that giant stag on a glass shelf above your Fechter! Your new Elk is magnificent, really great colors that emphasize the quality of the sculpt. Congrats!

Tristan, your white stag is stunning as well.

Delayed in responding to comments about my Hutschenreuther trotting horse. Thanks to Bill for your insight and compliments on that piece. I knew right away which two-horse Hutschenreuther piece you spoke of. The piece is entitled 'Freedom' and as you said, was sculpted by Max Fritz. A fine piece, to be sure, but for some reason has never really captured my interest. It is also one of Hutchenreuther's most common equine pieces, and at least one or two are seen for sale at any given time on ebay. But I do see the similarity between the faces of Fritz's pieces and Werner's horse. smile

And belatedly responding to Tristan's question of how many horses are in my herd. Well, that's a difficult question to answer, as I collect non-German/Austrian/Bavarian horse figures as well, and also pieces in metal and bronze. For the sake of relevancy I will say that I currently have around 35 porcelain or ceramic equines that were made in Germany/Austria/Bavaria. I do have my eye on another piece at present, and will certainly let you know if my luck holds out on bidding!

Keep sharing, gents! Nice to see the place hopping again. smile