Hi & welcome,

I have a WKC Baden Polizei bayonet as well. Although yours has a 3 rivet grip, I believe this is in no way dispositive regarding the time of this bayonet's manufacture & use. From what I've seen, WKC used a 3 rivet grip even well beyond the Weimar era. The maker mark yours has was used during the NS zeit so it's quite possible this example was carried until the consolidation order for the unification of the Polizei was given.

I always appreciated this model bayonet's place in history, given it's unusual appearance. The hooked nose look was specifically so this bayonet coild not be affixed to a rifle &, of course, considered a weapon under the Versailles Treaty. In reality, this item is probably more of a "short sword" given it's overall size & heft.

The majority of these I've seem have been in excellent condition, they must have been made very well because they do seem to hold up to time well. I did own another years ago, a long model with the double oval maker mark, but I sold it off to a collector friend to fund other pursuits. From what George Wheeler has told me, there was also a gilt model as well.

The broken reverse grip will undoubtedly hurt this one's value, most likely because finding a replacement grip would be near impossible IMHO. That said, it is still a very presentable example of a scarce seitengewehr & one that is probably missing from many collections. Thanks for sharing it with us.

GDC Gold Badge #290
GDC Silver Badge #310