Alexander, nice picture and welcome to the forum! Great story too, definitely worth some research. I'm guessing it would certainly be a later date, similar to the 21.6.44 ring we have pictured on the forum just posted by member cjam. It's important to remember that the recipients (post 1939) of the ss honor rings were officers of the ss with 3 years of unblemished service...so an ancestor born in 24 would certainly be one of the youngest! Maybe even a 45 ring! Also would explain its mint condition, of course! I would imagine that the dienstalterliste (maybe even the last handwritten one) would have its record. I totally appreciate your sentiment about fighting for ones country, and you're not looking at neo nazis on this forum either...we love history and think it should be preserved and respected...however, if your ancestor was in fact an HR recipient, it's possible that he had more invested in the nazi beliefs than a late war enlisted heer conscript, or a member of the volkssturm. But again, please share your story once you've got it researched... We are eager to find out about it! It would be cool if you could snag an actual peek at the ring from your family, just in case (and I am not intending to cast any doubt on your story, believe me) the engraved skull ring was of the private purchase variety...as our expert member Gaspare can attest, the skull ring was highly sought after, so some outstanding rings were bought by soldiers wanting one, and they are highly valuable and beautiful in their own right. Again, welcome and thanks for the great story, hope you get an outstanding ring! Happy thanksgiving!