Dean,

I only have a very limited knowledge of the German aviation troops of the First World War, though, German google yielded a fair amount of good information and photos, much more than I had expected.

This is the first time I've heard the term Feld-Flieger, or literally, "field-flyer." I would guess these units that were stationed in open, grassy fields near the front lines as opposed to those posted to proper aerodromes and airports, however, that's an assumption on my part.

I would say most of these names belonged to more and less famous pilot's and observers that died while serving within the ranks of FFA 67. Some may have been auxillary ground troops as this unit also was an artillery outfit.

Yes, some records still exist, but in my experience the German archives usually request a date of birth and hometown of the individual. In-depth research might prove to be a daunting task.

Looking at the photos from this unit it's obvious that the pilot's and observers wore the Prussian Pilot and Prussian Observer badges. You can check various dealer's websites for prices on those. They seemed to fly a lot of Rumpler C IV aircraft in FFA 67. I'd think a model kit would be rather inexpensive if you're inclined to build one?

I borrowed some nice photos that I won't post without permission, but I'll send them to you privately at your email address. I also found brief mentions of Willy Beck, Kurt Jeschonnek and Hans Albrecht Freiherr von Digeon von Monteton, as being members of the unit. These three are among the names listed on your engraving.

Best regards!

Bill